Annual Report of Water Monitoring
Annual Report 2017
Annual Report 2015
Annual Report 2014
2016 Funding for Major Infrastructure
The Village of Montrose is committed to water conservation. As a participant in the Columbia Basin Water Smart Initiative, Montrose is committed to achieving a 7% reduction in water use by 2015.
Water use in Montrose increases in spring and summer. This is the period known as "peak demand", when a community's water use is at its highest.
Water savings from 2009 to 2013 for the Village of Montrose cannot be confirmed due to limitations in data quality. Data from the Village's new gross supply meter is not yet reliable. In addition, the Village was connected to the Beaver Falls water system for April and May in 2013, significantly skewing total demand data.
A more accurate assessment of demand will be made in 2014 using data from the new meter at the Village's water supply.
What's working in Montrose?
- Implementation of the Water Smart Ambassador program from 2011-2013.
- Improvements to the quality of gross supply data, and completion of the Village's Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional (ICI) water metering program and draft ICI metering bylaw.
- Incremental implementation of a sustainable water loss management program by utility operators.
What are the best opportunities for future reductions?
- Continued improvement to water system data availability and accuracy including, source meter upgrades and adoption of the draft mandatory ICI metering bylaw.
- Ongoing implementation of a sustainable water loss management program.
- Continued implementation of programs targeting outdoor residential and municipal demand reductions.
Village of Montrose Water Smart Action Plan
Data Review Summary 2013